But a day off is a day off, so I spent most of the day at home playing videogames, although I braved the shitty weather to head on down to Newcastle for the raising of the Canada Day flag.
Observe how insane huge it was:
Waiting list was 25 years. They moved on with their lives, forgot all about it, then one day they got this huge honking great flag in the mail.
They didn't have a flag pole big enough to fly the damn thing (must have been an impulse thing 25 years ago, I guess). So they passed it on to some friends in the Miramichi who, lacking a flag pole, donated it to the city.
So here it is! Our peace tower flag. It was worth it go down and see it raised.
Canada Day in Miramichi is no Ottawa.
But, with the peace tower flag, it's almost like there was still a connection.

No comments:
Post a Comment