Saturday, January 9, 2010

Best of 2009 part 1

Little late, but here's some of my best shots of 2009.

We'll start with the infamous 'where's the beef? Right there, Mr. Premier' shot.



This has been on the site before, but I've always loved it, and it was hit in the forums, back when we still had a website. To recap, the larger gentleman is a local MLA, John Foran, who'd invited me to tour a local slaughterhouse with the premier, Shawn Graham (left).

I don't think this marvelous, and hungry looking, shot was quite what the portly pol had in mind.

----

I don't know any of these people and their deeds, but prolly some of you might.



Left to right are presumed NHL greats Terry O'Reilly, Don Marcotte and Brad Park, next to a set of signed pucks. They were each on corporate sponsorship teams during Miramichi's legendary pond-hockey tournament, but all were Boston Bruins alumni (so I was told). I included this one because I've always like the composition. For the most part, they were distant when I chatted with them for the paper, but very friendly with the local hockey talent. I suppose that's the way it should be.

-----

Then there's this guy.


He was in town to drop the puck for the pond hockey tournament, and stopped by the local hotel for some kind of function. I was there at the same time, with the NHLers and managed to beg my way close to him, escorted by a handler, to get a shot of him with the son of the city engineer, whose school project he'd just signed.

Whatever you think of the guy, I thought it was pretty neat to have a shot no other media had.

-----

This was taken in the cockpit of a cadet training glider.


I happened to see if flying around the airbase and once it landed, someone asked if I wanted a go. I was working that Saturday, and wasn't against actually having some fun on the job so, naturally, I said yes. Got some great aerial shots of the city, and I've always liked the composition of this one.

No comments: